Election 2020: Fall Tisch Campaign Fellows
Tisch College is committed to supporting Tufts University students in all aspects of civic engagement, including politics during the 2020 election cycle. For example, this summer, our Tisch Summer Fellows program provided over 150 students, from across the University, with stipends and mentorship to pursue full-time, virtual internships in the public and non-profit sectors. This included 10 students who worked on political campaigns as part of our first group of Tisch Campaign Fellows.
Building on this experience, we seek to expand this commitment by supporting Tufts students who wish to engage with political campaigns (of all types and all political affiliations) this fall. To that end, Tisch College is offering up to 35 Tisch Campaign Fellowships for students to work virtually on campaigns for at least 8 hours/week for at least 8 weeks and to receive a stipend of up to $1,200 each.
More information about this opportunity, including how to apply, is below. Note: the application period is now closed.
Tisch Campaign Fellowships
Tisch College will support up to 35 fellowships, of up to $1,200 each, to current, enrolled Tufts students to work virtually on political campaigns, across the political spectrum, during the fall of 2020.
Students may work on a campaign for a 2020 state or federal candidate of any party, an issue advocacy campaign or ballot initiative directly related to the 2020 election, or a voter registration campaign directly related to the 2020 election. Campaigns may be state or national and of any political party.
These funding awards will be made on a competitive basis and applications will be rolling starting August 14, 2020 and ending when the funding is exhausted and/or on September 16, 2020. To be eligible, students may not also be receiving academic credit for this work.
- secure a virtual campaign internship/opportunity, of at least 8 hours/week for at least 8 weeks, between the dates of September 1-November 15, 2020
- provide proof of internship/volunteer offer, including contact information of supervisor
- apply using the link at the top right between August 14-September 16, 2020; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- attend an orientation with Tisch College staff in September
- attend a virtual meeting with Tisch College staff in October
- submit a reflection paper on their experience by December 15, 2020
- not be receiving academic credit for this internship