First-Year Global Programs: Costs and Financial Support
Tufts University and Tisch College are committed to making the First-Year Global Programs accessible to all students. Whether through Tufts financial aid—in the case of the Tufts Civic Semester—or through separate financial support from Tisch College—in the case of the Tufts 1+4 Bridge Year—we strive to ensure that any student can benefit from these transformative educational experiences, regardless of his or her financial circumstances.
The Tufts Civic Semester is a student’s first term at the University. As such, all program costs are covered by tuition and fees.
Applicants to the program are eligible to utilize their Tufts financial aid package. For more information, visit the Financial Aid website.
1+4 Bridge Year
Need-based financial support is available to any applicant who needs help defraying the costs of the program, including full support to all students who qualify for Tufts financial aid. In order to be considered for Tufts 1+4 financial support, students must have submitted financial aid forms along with their application to Tufts. For more information, visit the Financial Aid website.
For students who are not eligible for Tufts financial aid, the cost of the 1+4 Bridge Year is $36,000—though some students who do not qualify for financial aid may be eligible for partial support to cover a portion of that cost. The program fee includes:
- Full-time community service placement with professional supervision
- Enrollment in a credit-granting online Tufts course
- Accommodation and meals with vetted and trained host families
- International airfare to and from the service location
- Monthly stipend to cover limited incidentals and out-of-pocket expenses
- An intensive pre-departure orientation on the Tufts campus, an in-country orientation and intensive language training, and ongoing coaching and support throughout the year
- Cultural and recreational activities
- Supplemental international health insurance and emergency evacuation services
- Local cell phone service for in-country use
- Weekend retreat during the Fall term of their first academic year on campus, as well as mentoring and1+4 alumni programming during the entirety of their Tufts education
Note: The Tufts 1+4 Bridge Year is not 529 funds-eligible.
Questions? Email email@example.com.