Honos Civicus for Public Health and Professional Degree Programs
Honos Civicus celebrates and publicly recognizes graduating students who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to community service and civic engagement during their studies in the Public Health and Professional Degree Programs (PHPD). Inductees have the opportunity to celebrate and reflect on their community involvement while creating an alumni network of professionals who share a meaningful, continued commitment to civic life and social impact through their careers in public health.
PHPD students who wish to join Honos Civicus must have:
- A demonstrated commitment to public service and civic engagement beyond the minimum expected for degree requirements (internship, ALE, course requirements)
- Demonstrated leadership and dedication
- An outstanding record of professionalism and ethical behavior
- A strong academic record
- Must be a degree seeking student
Note: Honos Civicus applicants must be degree-seeking students in good academic standing. Both students graduating in May and those graduating in August of the same calendar year are welcome to apply.
Honos Civicus inductees will receive:
- Recognition at a ceremony of Class of 2018 PHPD students accepted into the Honos Civicus Society
- Recognition at graduation and an Honos Civicus pin for the commencement gown
- Features on the Tisch College website and other Tufts University publications
- Membership in the Honos Civicus alumni group
Email Olivia Zimra-Turley at firstname.lastname@example.org.