Honos Civicus for Public Health and Professional Degree Programs
Honos Civicus celebrates and publicly recognizes graduating students who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to community service and civic engagement during their studies in the Public Health and Professional Degree Programs (PHPD). Inductees have the opportunity to celebrate and reflect on their community involvement while creating an alumni network of professionals who share a meaningful, continued commitment to civic life and social impact through their careers in public health. In May 2020 we celebrated the induction of the newest PHPD Honos Civicus Society members.
The application is currently open until Monday, February 22, 2021 at 5PM EST. You can read more about Honos Civicus eligibility and requirements below.
Public Health and Professional Degree students who wish to join Honos Civicus must have:
* A demonstrated commitment to public service and civic engagement beyond the minimum expected for degree requirements (internship, ALE, course requirements)
* Demonstrated leadership and dedication
* An outstanding record of professionalism and ethical behavior
* A strong academic record and in good academic standing
* Must be degree seeking student graduating within the 2020-2021 academic year (August 2020, December 2020 and May 2021)
Honos Civicus inductees will receive:
* Recognition at a ceremony of students accepted into the Honos Civicus Society
* Recognition at graduation and an Honos Civicus pin for the commencement gown
* Features on the Tisch College website and other Tufts University publications
* Membership in the Honos Civicus alumni group
Email Associate Director of Student Porgrams and Affairs, Olivia Zimra-Turley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.