Honos Civicus at the School of Medicine
Honos Civicus celebrates and publicly recognizes graduating fourth-year students who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to community service and civic engagement during their studies at the Tufts University School of Medicine. Inductees have the opportunity to celebrate and reflect on their community involvement while creating an alumni network of health professionals who share a meaningful, continued commitment to civic life and social impact through their medical careers.
Medical students who wish to join Honos Civicus must have:
- A demonstrated commitment to public service and civic engagement beyond the minimum expected for degree requirements (the CSL requirement for MD students; the ALE for MD/MPH students)
- Demonstrated leadership and dedication within community service projects
- An outstanding record of professionalism and ethical behavior
- Strong academic performance
As such, medical students will be ineligible for Honos Civicus if they have any of the following:
- More than one interim failure of a preclinical course
- A grade of low pass or failure in a clinical rotation
- Any permanent failures in any course
- A demonstrated lack of professionalism
For more information, email Jennifer Greer-Morrissey, TUSM Community Service Learning Coordinator, at email@example.com.