Tisch Fund - How to Apply
Individual students or student groups interested in receiving support from the Tisch Fund must complete a short application and submit relevant materials about the event(s), project, or program they are planning, including a detailed budget, timeline, and letter of support from a Tufts faculty/staff member or community partner. See the sidebar for the application link and information about funding.
Preparing a Strong Application
Tisch College places particular emphasis on supporting programs or events that expand Tufts students interest in and engagement with public issues, and combine curricular or co-curricular learning with civic action. Projects should help students:
- Think critically
- Engage with diverse individuals and communities
- Communicate and collaborate effectively
- Understand their own values, motivations, and passions
Review and Selection Process
Only applications for projects whose events or deadlines are at least three weeks away will be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed by Tisch College staff members, and we will contact you with information about next steps approximately one week after receiving the application. Groups or individuals who are selected to interview will be asked to prepare a brief presentation and answer questions about their project. Be prepared to discuss your timeline, budget, and other materials in detail. If students are not located on the Medford/Somerville campus, a Skype or phone interview can be arranged. Students will be contacted with final decisions within 2-3 business days after their interview.
Requirements for Accepted Proposals
Students whose funding requests are approved must comply with a set of requirements:
- All students must sign a Memorandum of Understanding, agreeing to Tisch Fund terms and requirements, before funding is processed.
- Important: Students whose projects involve international travel must follow all procedures put in place by the Tufts University International Safety office and be officially approved before traveling. This is especially important for countries that are under a current State Department Travel Warning.
- Students or student groups are required to put the Tisch College logo on any promotional materials (flyers, etc.) and follow Tufts’ visual identity guidelines. Students must send these promotional materials to Tisch College Communications Specialist Alberto Medina (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be approved before the event/program, and must mention Tisch College's support at any events. If they fail to do either, the students or student organization will not be eligible to receive funding from Tisch College in the following year.
- Students must submit a copy of any available event attendance lists (including names and emails of attendees) to TischCollegeSubmissions@tufts.edu.
- Students must submit a short narrative (1,000 words) that summarizes the outcome and impact of the program or event on the greater Tufts community, along with any available photos. The narrative must be submitted to Marian Woznica (email@example.com) within two weeks of the project's conclusion.
Questions? Email Marian Woznica, Tisch Fund Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.