Eligibility & Application Requirements
The 2023 Tisch Summer Fellows program will operate from June 5 through August 11, 2023. The general application is open to all Tufts undergraduate, graduate, and professional school students. To center place-based partnerships and build long term community relationships, we do not accept student requests to consider placements with organizations that have not gone through the required proposal and review process. If you would like to suggest a potential program partner, contact Jenna Logue to learn more about the review process.
Health sciences students may apply to opportunities designed specifically to match their specialized skills and professional interests. Visit the health sciences TSF landing page for complete details.
The Tisch Summer Fellows Program is open to enrolled Tufts undergraduate, graduate, and professional school students. Certain fellowship positions are open only to graduate students or only to undergraduates and will be identified accordingly in the position description.
Fellows are selected based on application materials, professional demeanor throughout the application process, recommendation letter, and a final interview with the hiring team at the partner organization.
- Students who wish to apply for the 2023 program must have been enrolled during the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters.
- Graduating students may apply. If offered a fellowship, students must be fully committed to accepting the position and spend the full duration of the program with the partner organization.
- If you are an undocumented or DACA student who wishes to apply, please contact Jared Smith regarding Tisch Summer Fellows opportunities.
- TSF is open to eligible international students. If you are studying on a student visa, prior work authorization is required to intern in the United States. To learn more about your eligibility as an international student, contact your international advisor.
- Exchange students are not eligible to apply for TSF.
2023 General TSF Application Process and Timeline
|TSF application opens & 2023 positions posted||December 12, 2022|
|Application submission deadline||January 27, 2023, 11:59 p.m. ET|
|Applicants notified of decision status||February 15, 2023|
|Finalist Interviews||February 15 – March 17, 2023|
All application materials are reviewed after the submission deadline. Applications include short essay questions, a resume, and cover letters. Full details will be posted when the application period begins.
We recommend that applicants consult a resume guide. View this resume guide by Tufts Career Center. Also consider having a member of the Career Center team review the document prior to submission.
Confirmed Tisch Summer Fellows will participate in a mandatory orientation at the end of the spring semester, prior to the start of Tisch Summer Fellows.
For more information, please contact Jenna Logue, Tisch Summer Fellows Program Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-627-3535.