Tisch Summer Fellows: Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
The Tisch Summer Fellows (TSF) program offers substantive stipended internships that allow Tufts students to enhance their learning, acquire concrete skills, grow their networks, and explore career paths while working on important issues and building stronger communities. Tisch College is excited to partner with the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine to offer their students unique Tisch Summer Fellowships for veterinary students. Developed in collaboration with Cummings staff and faculty, these internship positions are designed to complement veterinary students' learning while allowing them to contribute to animal health or otherwise have a positive impact on the public's wellbeing.
The TSF program is funded in part by a generous gift from the James and Judith K. Dimon Foundation, established by Judy and Jamie Dimon, A78. In New York, specific placements are funded by individual donors.
Fellows will work approximately 35 hours/week for eight weeks between the last week of May and the first week of August.
Tisch Summer Fellowships for Cummings School students include:
- Substantive 8-week internship at a specific organization
- Stipend of $3,800
- On-campus orientation before the summer
- Peer meetings for knowledge-sharing and reflection
- Opportunities to meet and network with Tufts alumni in your city
- Short final reflection paper
- Opportunities to share your experience when you return to campus.
To apply for TSF: Cummings School Fellowship, please complete the online application accessible at the top right of this page. Applications will be due in February; the exact date will be posted when the application period opens.
The application asks for basic information and prompts you to answer short essay questions about your interest in the position, the skills and experiences you would bring to the work, and what you hope to gain from the experience. In addition, you will be asked to submit:
- Current CV
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation (The recommender does not need to be associated with Tufts University but should be able to speak to your competencies and character)
The following were the fellowships available for Summer 2017. This list will de updated with Summer 2018 opportunities before the application period opens.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health – Division of Epidemiology
- USDA, Animal Plant Health Inspection Service
- Wildlife Conservation Society – Zoological Health Program
- Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute, Global Health Program
For more information, please contact Maggie McMorrow, Tisch College Program Administrator, at email@example.com. To receive a notification when fellowship positions are available and the TSF application period opens, make sure you join our contact list.