Tisch Summer Fellows: Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
Tisch College is pleased to partner with the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine to offer unique summer fellowship opportunities for veterinary students. Developed in collaboration with Cummings staff and faculty, these internship positions are designed to complement veterinary students' learning while allowing them to contribute to animal health and have a positive impact on public wellbeing. Students may submit a TSF application if they have secured an internship on their own that is with a public or non-profit organization.
Fellows will spend approximately 35 hours/week as an intern during the 10-week program period from June 7, 2021 through August 13, 2021.
Available Fellowships for Summer 2021
- USDA APHIS
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- Self-designed fellowship (see below; applications due March 12, 2021)
You can apply to each position by following the link above; applications due February 26, 2021.
- Applications are due February 26, 2021
- Self-designed applications are due March 12, 2021
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applications are reviewed by the committee after the due date.
- Each applicant to the Tisch Summer Fellows program may submit applications for up to two (2) fellowship opportunities.
A complete application includes:
- Application form submitted via Tufts Civic Impact (use Tufts credentials for log-in)
- A current resume
- Unique cover letter, tailored for each individual position
- Recommendation letter
- The recommender does not need to be affiliated with Tufts and must not be a current student. Applicants are responsible for sharing the link with a recommender. The link and more details are found in the application.
- Self-Designed; applications due March 12, 2021: You will be asked to include an internship position description and/or offer letter as well as the name and e-mail address for the internship supervisor
- Substantive 10-week internship at a specific organization. It remains uncertain if internships will take place remotely or in-person for 2021.
- $4,500 fellowship payment to support your summer experience
- Orientation before the program begins
- Peer meetings for knowledge-sharing and reflection
- Opportunities to meet and network with Tufts alumni
- Short final reflection paper
- Opportunities to share your experience when you return to campus