Tisch Summer Fellows: School of Medicine
The Tisch Summer Fellows (TSF) program offers substantive stipended internships that allow Tufts students to enhance their learning, acquire concrete skills, grow their networks, and explore career paths while working on important issues and building stronger communities. Tisch College is excited to partner with the Tufts University School of Medicine to offer their students unique Tisch Summer Fellowships for medical students. Developed in collaboration with TUSM staff and faculty, these internship positions are designed to complement medical students' learning while allowing them to contribute to community health programs or otherwise have a positive impact on the public's wellbeing.
The TSF program is funded in part by a generous gift from the James and Judith K. Dimon Foundation, established by Judy and Jamie Dimon, A78.
Fellows will work approximately 35 hours/week for eight weeks between the last week of May and the first week of August.
Tisch Summer Fellowships for TUSM students include:
- Substantive 8-week internship at a specific organization
- Stipend of $3,800
- On-campus orientation before the summer
- Peer meetings for knowledge-sharing and reflection
- Opportunities to meet and network with Tufts alumni in your city
- Short final reflection paper
- Opportunities to share your experience when you return to campus.
To apply for TSF: School of Medicine Fellowship, please complete the online application accessible at the top right of this page. Applications will be due in February; the exact date will be posted when the application period opens. TUSM students are eligible to apply for up to two positions and will have a chance to indicate which is their first and second choice in the applications for both.
The application asks for basic information and prompts you to answer short essay questions about your interest in the position, the skills and experiences you would bring to the work, and what you hope to gain from the experience. In addition, you will be asked to submit:
- Current CV
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation (The recommender does not need to be associated with Tufts University but should be able to speak to your competencies and character)
Note: You must fill out a separate application for each placement (up to two) to which you are applying. This includes a separate cover letter with each application. However, you may use the same letter of recommendation or submit separate letters for each position if you believe different recommenders will highlight different skills and experience that are relevant to a specific position.
The following were the Fellowships available for Summer 2017. This list will de updated with Summer 2018 opportunities before the application period opens.
- Action for Boston Community Development
- Fenway Community Health Center, Inc.
- Lawrence CommunityWorks, Inc.
- Lynn Community Health Center
- Southern Jamaica Plain Health Center
- Mental Health America
For more information, please contact Maggie McMorrow, Tisch College Program Administrator, at email@example.com. To receive a notification when fellowship positions are available and the TSF application period opens, make sure you join our contact list.