Tisch Summer Fellows: School of Medicine
The Tisch Summer Fellows (TSF) program offers substantive stipended internships that allow Tufts students to enhance their learning, acquire concrete skills, grow their networks, and explore career paths while working on important issues and building stronger communities. Tisch College is excited to partner with the Tufts University School of Medicine to offer their students unique Tisch Summer Fellowships. Developed in collaboration with TUSM staff and faculty, these internship positions are designed to complement TUSM students' learning while allowing them to contribute to community health programs or otherwise have a positive impact on the public's wellbeing.
The TSF program is funded in part by a generous gift from the James and Judith K. Dimon Foundation, established by Judy and Jamie Dimon, A78.
Fellows will work approximately 35 hours/week for eight weeks between the last week of May and the first week of August.
- Boston Health Care for the Homeless (Greater Boston)
- Boston Public Health Commission (Greater Boston)
- Fenway Community Health Center (Greater Boston)
- Greater Lawrence Family Health Center (Greater Boston)
- Lynn Community Health Center (Greater Boston)
- Southern Jamaica Plain Health Center (Greater Boston)
Tisch Summer Fellowships for TUSM students include:
- Substantive 8-week internship at a specific organization
- Stipend of $3,800
- On-campus orientation before the summer
- Peer meetings for knowledge-sharing and reflection
- Opportunities to meet and network with Tufts alumni in your city
- Short final reflection paper
- Opportunities to share your experience when you return to campus.
To apply for TSF: School of Medicine Fellowship, please complete the online application accessible at the top right of this page. Applications will be due January 22nd at Noon. TUSM students are eligible to apply for up to two positions and will have a chance to indicate which is their first and second choice in the applications for both.
The application asks for basic information and prompts you to answer short essay questions about your interest in the position, the skills and experiences you would bring to the work, and what you hope to gain from the experience. In addition, you will be asked to submit the following documents to TischCollegeSubmissions@tufts.edu with your full name and the name of the organization in the subject line:
- Current CV
- Cover letter
- One letter of recommendation. The recommender does not need to be associated to Tufts University and cannot be a current student. Recommenders can send their letter to the applicant to submit or to TischCollegeSubmissions@tufts.edu - the applicant's name and the placement(s) you are applying to must be included in the email.
Essay Question: When selecting students for these fellowships, we seek to create experiences that balance benefits to the students, as well as to the organizations.
Out of all of the summer internships available, within the Tisch Summer Fellows program and beyond, why are you passionate about this placement? Please consider the following:
a) What strengths, qualities and experiences do you bring to the role that has been described?
b) What do you hope to gain from this experience?
Note: You must fill out a separate application for each placement (up to two) to which you are applying. This includes a separate cover letter with each application. However, you may use the same letter of recommendation or submit separate letters for each position if you believe different recommenders will highlight different skills and experience that are relevant to a specific position.
For more information, please contact Maggie McMorrow, Tisch College Program Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Greer-Morrissey, Service Learning Coordinator at the Medical School, at email@example.com.
Please join our contact list to learn more about Tisch College.