Tisch Summer Fellows: School of Medicine
Tisch College is pleased to partner with the Tufts University School of Medicine to offer unique opportunities for medical students. Developed in collaboration with TUSM staff and faculty, these internship positions are designed to complement veterinary students' learning while allowing them to contribute to animal health and have a positive impact on public wellbeing. Fellows will spend approximately 35 hours/week as an intern during the 7-week program period from June 7, 2021 through July 31, 2021.
Available Fellowships for Summer 2021
- Asian Commnity Development Corporation (Greater Boston)
- Boston Health Care For the Homeless (Greater Boston)
- Greater Lawrence Family Health Center (Lawrence)
- Maine Medical Center's Portland Family Medicine (Maine)
- Preble Street - Health Services (Maine)
- Sharewood (Greater Boston)
- Southern Jamaica Plain Health Center (Greater Boston)
- Through These Doors (Maine)
You can apply to each position by following the link above; applications are due February 8, 2021. More placements may be added in the coming weeks; check back soon!
- Complete the application form. The direct link is found in each position description above. Simply log in with your Tufts credentials, select the position(s) to which you plan to apply, and follow the application instructions
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- All applications are reviewed after February 8
- Each applicant to the Tisch Summer Fellows program may submit applications for up to three (3) unique fellowship opportunities
- Not all applications will receive an interview. Interviews will take place with selection committee members into March 2021
A complete application includes:
- Application form submitted via Tufts Civic Impact
- A current resume
- Unique cover letter, tailored for each individual position
- Please upload the resume and cover letter(s) as .pdf documents whenever possible
- Recommendation letter
- The recommender does not need to be affiliated with Tufts and must not be a current student
- Applicants are responsible for sharing the link with a recommender. The link and more details are found in the application
- Substantive 7-week internship at a specific organization located in Boston or Providence, RI. At this time, it remains uncertain if the program will take place remotely or in person for 2021.
- $3,500 fellowship payment to support your summer experience
- Orientation before the program begins
- Peer meetings for knowledge-sharing and reflection
- Opportunities to meet and network with Tufts alumni
- Short final reflection paper
- Opportunities to share your experience when you return to campus
For more information, please contact Jennifer Greer-Morrissey, Service Learning Coordinator at the Medical School, at email@example.com. To learn mor eabout Tisch College, join our contact list.