Tufts 1+4 Costs and Financial Support
Tufts University and Tisch College are committed to making the 1+4 experience accessible to all students. Need-based financial support is available to any applicant who needs help defraying the costs of the program, including full support to all students who qualify for Tufts financial aid.
For additional information on Tufts Financial Aid, visit the Financial Aid website. In order to be considered for Tufts 1+4 financial support, you must have submitted financial aid forms along with your application to Tufts.
Note: The following costs only apply if you are not eligible for financial aid, and some who do not qualify for aid may be eligible for partial support for Tufts 1+4.
International Program Costs
The cost per student for international service sites is $36,000. That program fee includes:
- Full-time community service placement with professional supervision
- Accommodation with vetted and trained host families
- Monthly stipend to cover limited incidentals and out-of-pocket expenses
- International airfare to and from the service location
- An intensive pre-departure orientation on the Tufts campus facilitated by Tufts faculty and staff focused on: team building, health and wellness, cultural adaptation, professionalism, problem solving and resiliency, navigating differences, and more
- On-site orientation and intensive language training
- Coaching and support during the service experience from staff in service location and campus-based Tufts staff
- Cultural and recreational activities
- Reflection and academic writing activities through enrollment in a credit-granting Tufts course
- Supplemental international health insurance and emergency evacuation services
- Local cell phone service for in-country use
- 1+4 weekend retreat during the Fall term of their first academic year at Tufts
- Mentoring and Tufts 1+4 alumni programming during the entirety of their Tufts education
Note: the Tufts 1+4 Bridge Year is not 529 funds-eligible.
For more information, please contact Jessye Crowe-Rothstein, Tufts 1+4 Program Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.