- A Tufts sociologist and Tisch Faculty member says the city exemplifies the kind of community that holds special promise for the future of democracy.
- Tisch Scholar Safiya Subegdjo is one of the recipients of this prestigious honor.
- Co-hosted by the Office of the President, the Office of Community Relations, and Tisch College, the Presidential Symposium on Community Partnerships brought together close to 150 people committed to establishing fruitful partnerships.
- The Tufts First-Generation Student Council is a new student-led initiative to support those who are the first in their families to go to college.
- The National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement is groundbreaking research on voting rates on college campuses across America.
- Tisch College Faculty Fellow Diane O'Donoghue is leading efforts to restore thie Währinger Jewish cemetery in Vienna, a once beautiful burial ground that suffered Nazi desecration and decades of neglect.
- The Food Rescue Program, run entirely by Tufts students, collects healthy food that would otherwise be discarded and delivers it to local pantries and shelters.
- The Tisch College dean was lauded for his work while serving as U.S. ambassador to Spain and Andorra.
- Civilian service, such as the new Tufts 1+4 program, will lead to a better country and world, says retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal.