- The 2018 Presidential Symposium on Community Partnerships focused on engaged research opportunities to address myriad problems.
- As the featured speaker in the Tisch College Murrow Forum on Issues in Journalism, NBC correspondent Katy Tur tells a Tufts audience how she covered the campaign by staying tough and dispassionate.
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer visited Tufts as part of the Tisch College Distinguished Speaker Series and spoke about the philosophical differences on the court.
- Cecile Richards of Planned Parenthood tells a Tufts audience of the importance of active involvement in the political process.
- Afghan native Abuzar Royesh, A16, an alumnus of the Tisch Scholars program, receives funding for a graduate degree at Stanford, hoping to reform governance in his home country.
- U.S. Senator Susan Collins spoke at Tufts as part of the Tisch College Distinguished Speaker Series and told the audience that political extremism is damaging our democracy.
- Dopkeen, A04, received a Distinguished Achievement Award in large part for her leadership of the Tisch Summer Fellows program at the Pentagon.
- Al Gore visited Tufts as part of the Tisch College Distinguished Speaker Series and told the audience that a sustainability revolution is possible, but political will is necessary.
- Eric Washington, A76, former chief judge of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, says we need to create a more fair legal system.