- It’s complicated, say Tufts political experts, but there are ways to increase participation and voting.
- New report from Institute for Democracy & Higher Education finds college-student engagement with 2020 election jumped to record level, approaching that of voters overall.
- Tisch College's Institute for Democracy & Higher Education (IDHE) released Democracy Counts 2020, a national report on student participation in the 2020 election. Read the full report to learn more about the record-breaking student voting rates at the link.
- Dr. Kenann McKenzie to lead the Generous Listening and Dialogue (GLAD) Center at Tisch College; center focuses on civic engagement, listening and dialogue on challenging issues
- The U.S. Presidential Envoy for Climate, Kerry urged universities to address climate change in keynote speech at Talloires Network Leaders Conference.
- Dayna Cunningham, the new Tisch College dean, outlines key opportunities and responsibilities for higher education in shaping the next generation of engaged citizens.
- Negotiating the balance between ‘thinking’ and the ‘feeling’ can make for more inclusive experiences.
- A diverse group of civic leaders, including John Kasich, Senator Tammy Duckworth, Isabel Wilkerson, Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone, Diane Hessan, J76, A11P, Sonia Raman, J96, Peter Beinart, Jan Grabowski, Luis Gilberto Murillo-Urrutia, Imari Paris Jeffries, and many more, will virtually visit campus this fall.
- The diverse array of speakers include politicians, journalists, authors, and innovators.