Tufts Community Response Volunteer Groups
During this unprecedented and challenging time, Tisch College and the Office of Government and Community Relations are supporting the University’s response to our communities via our online platform: Tufts Civic Impact. We are using this platform to organize and train a cadre of Tufts students, faculty and staff who can be deployed virtually to support response efforts on our campus and in partnership with our local communities. Already over 250 members of the Tufts community have joined. If you are interested in joining, please follow the steps below. Thank you for your civic engagement during this crisis.
For special opportunities and requests aimed at individuals and organizations in the healthcare/research fields, please see this page.
For Students, Faculty & Staff
Please join Tufts Civic Impact by clicking here and logging in with your Universal Tufts Login Name (UTLN) and password (once on the Tufts Civic Impact homepage, click "Log In," found on the top right of your screen). Tufts students, faculty, and staff may all participate and already have existing accounts. Once you have logged in or if you are already a Tufts Civic Impact user, simply join one of the groups below by proceeding with the following instructions:
Pick a group to join based on your current location: virtual or local.
Tufts Community Response: VIRTUAL Volunteers
- To join this group, search for Tufts Community Response: VIRTUAL Volunteers under "subgroups" (or click here), and request to become a member.
- This is a group for Tufts students, faculty and staff who are not near the Tufts campus.
- Volunteer tasks assigned to this group might be online or over the phone, including assisting with contact tracing, being trained to fill shifts on the USDA food insecurity hotline, and supporting those who might be homebound, lonely, or recovering and who would benefit from outreach from our outreach. This is a time to think creatively about human connection and about all the ways we can support each other.
Tufts Community Response: LOCAL Volunteers
- To join this group, search for Tufts Community Response: LOCAL Volunteers under "subgroups" (or click here), and request to become a member.
- This is a group for Tufts students, faculty and staff who are living on or near the Tufts campus (general Medford/Somerville/Boston area) or within a short driving distance.
- Volunteer tasks assigned to this group will respond directly to host community needs virtually (online or via phone) or collecting and donating supplies (in a safe and socially distant manner) to organizations in need.
Review the volunteer opportunities, and check back often as new opportunities continue to be offered. Please understand that we are continually adjusting these opportunities and that we greatly appreciate your civic engagement and your willingness to help. Thank you for your patience.
When you see a task that you want to join, please register. You will see detailed instructions and contact information for each opportunity. You can also watch this very short video about how to record your impacts. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Alumni & Other Members of the Tufts Community
Here are the step-by-step directions for how to join the Tufts Community Response Volunteer Groups for alumni and other members of the Tufts community. You can also watch this video tutorial on how to join!
- Go to Tufts Civic Impact.
- Click the “subgroups” tab.
- Scroll or search and then select: “Tufts Community Response: VIRTUAL Volunteers” and/or “Tufts Community Response: LOCAL Volunteers.”
- You will see a note that these groups are private, and below that you should click on the “Create Account” button.
- Next, if you don't have a Tufts single-sign-on account, click the small type that says, “click for more options.”
- Fill in the fields and create a password. You now have an account!
- Then you will see a “Request to join” the group button. Click that button.
- Next you will get an email when your request is approved!
- Once in the group, you will see all the volunteer listings and you can register for the opportunities that work for you. You will also receive a weekly digest each Friday highlighting new opportunities.
Thank you very much for being a part of this effort!