Tufts Community Response Volunteer Groups
During this unprecedented and challenging time, Tisch College stands ready to support the University’s response to our communities. Today we are announcing how you can be prepared to help by joining our online platform: Tufts Civic Impact. We will use this platform to organize and train a cadre of Tufts students and staff who could be deployed, if/when they are needed, either virtually or in-person (health, safety and state or local travel restrictions allowing), to support response efforts on our campus and in partnership with our host communities. The types of tasks are still under development and will be based on community needs. Right now we are soliciting volunteers so that we are prepared to respond if/when we are needed.
For special opportunities and requests aimed at individuals and organizations in the healthcare/research fields, please see this page.
If you are interested in joining, please follow these steps:
Please join Tufts Civic Impact by clicking here and logging in with your Universal Tufts Login Name (UTLN) and password (once on the Tufts Civic Impact homepage, click "Log In," found on the top right of your screen). Tufts students, faculty, and staff may all participate and already have existing accounts. Once you have logged in or if you are already a Tufts Civic Impact user, simply join one of the groups below by proceeding with the following instructions:
Pick a group to join based on your current location: virtual or local.
Tufts Community Response: VIRTUAL Volunteers
- To join this group, search for Tufts Community Response: VIRTUAL Volunteers under "subgroups" (or click here), and request to become a member.
- This is a group for Tufts students, faculty and staff who are not near the Tufts campus or within a short driving distance to virtually assist with the needs of Tufts' host communities.
- Volunteer tasks assigned to this group might be online or over the phone, including supporting those who might be homebound, lonely, or recovering and who would benefit from outreach from students. This is a time to think creatively about human connection and about all the ways we can support each other.
Tufts Community Response: LOCAL Volunteers
- To join this group, search for Tufts Community Response: LOCAL Volunteers under "subgroups" (or click here), and request to become a member.
- This is a group for Tufts students, faculty and staff who are living on or near the Tufts campus or within a short driving distance.
- Volunteer tasks assigned to this group will respond directly to host community needs and could be in-person, if health, safety and state or local travel restrictions allow, or virtual.
Please be patient with us. It may take some time before regular volunteer opportunities begin to appear. Please understand that we are working on this and that we greatly appreciate your civic engagement and your willingness to help.
When a task is posted, you will receive specific guidelines for how to sign up, timing, and instructions. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much for being a part of this effort!