Tisch Summer Fellows
Since 2004, the Tisch Summer Fellows (TSF) program has provided robust experiential civic engagement opportunities to over 1,000 Tufts students. Each summer, undergraduate, graduate, and professional school students develop skills, expand their networks, and explore career paths while building stronger communities on a local or national level.
The general application period for 2021 TSF is now closed. Applications for special professional school fellowships remain open.
The program consists of three elements:
- Internships at government agencies, non-profits, and advocacy organizations working on some of the most pivotal civic issues of our time.
- Reflection in small groups, led by alumni facilitators. The element of intentional reflection sets TSF apart from other internship programs. Reflection is at the crux of developing active, engaged citizens.
- Events and workshops facilitate connections with peers in the TSF cohort, internship partners, and Tufts alumni. Fellows may also participate in optional alumni mentoring.
About 2021 Fellowships and COVID-19: As of this moment, organizations can choose to host in-person internships for the summer of 2021. Student interns and organizations must abide by the COVID protocols and travel policies set by the state of the internship. Organizations are not required to host in-person internships and fully remote internships will be supported as well. Organizations must communicate clearly with students about their expectations regarding whether the internship is in-person, remote, or whether there is flexibility for the student to decide. Since the situation is continuously evolving, this guidance may be revised in the weeks to come. Organizations should be prepared to accommodate students remotely if coronavirus restrictions provided by Tufts University no longer allow for in-person work.
About the Program
- Fellowship positions will be listed and the application period will open on December 14, 2020.
- Fellowship positions are subject to updates or cancelation due to the potential for changing conditions related to the pandemic.
- Applications were due on February 12, 2021. All application materials will be reviewed after this due date.
- Program dates for 2021 are from June 7, 2021 – August 13, 2021.
- TSF is open to undergraduate, graduate, and professional school students.
For more information, you may contact Jenna Logue, Tisch Summer Fellows Program Administrator, at email@example.com or 617-627-3535.
Explore TSF Opportunities
Learn about the program and explore available internships for students in the summer of 2021
In the summer of 2020, we offered funding for students who individually, with peers, or with an organizations, are involved in initiatives related to COVID-19.
We offered special election-related opportunities for students to work on political campaigns and engage in the 2020 election cycle.