Tisch Summer Programs
Since 2004, the Tisch Summer Fellows (TSF) program has provided robust experiential civic engagement opportunities to over 1,000 Tufts students. Each summer, undergraduate, graduate, and professional school students develop skills, expand their networks, and explore career paths while building stronger communities on a local or national level.
The program consists of three elements:
- Internships at government agencies, non-profits, and advocacy organizations championing some of the most pivotal civic issues of our time.
- Reflection in small groups, led by alumni facilitators. The element of intentional reflection sets TSF apart from other internship programs. Reflection is at the crux of developing active, engaged citizens.
- Events and workshops facilitate connections with peers in the TSF cohort, internship partners, and Tufts alumni. Fellows may also participate in optional alumni mentoring.
- At this time, it remains uncertain if internships will take place remotely or in person for 2021. Check back here or sign up for our email list for the most up-to-date information.
- Fellowship positions will be listed and the application period will open on December 14, 2020.
- Fellowship positions are subject to updates or cancelation due to the potential for changing conditions related to the pandemic.
- Applications are due on February 5, 2021. All application materials will be reviewed after this due date.
- Program dates for 2021 are from June 7, 2021 – August 13, 2021.
- TSF is open to undergraduate, graduate, and professional school students.
For more information, you may contact Jenna Logue, program administrator, 617-627-3535 or email@example.com.
Explore TSF Opportunities
Look back on summer 2020 opportunities for students to undertake remote fellowships to strengthen civic life.
We offered funding for students who individually, with peers, or with an organizations, are involved in initiatives related to COVID-19.
We offered special election-related opportunities for students to work on political campaigns and engage in the 2020 election cycle. Note: Application period is closed.