Tisch Summer Fellows: School of Medicine
In addition to the wide range of positions available to all TSF applicants from across Tufts, Tisch College collaborates with the Tufts University School of Medicine to offer positions specifically for school of medicine students. Developed in collaboration with TUSM staff and faculty, these opportunities are designed to complement students' learning while allowing them to contribute to the public wellbeing as active, engaged citizens.
MD Student Fellows will spend approximately 35 hours/week as an intern during a 7-week period from June 5, 2023 through July 28, 2023 and receive a $3,750 living allowance. PHPD Student Fellows will complete a 10-week period from June 5, 2023 through August 11, 2023, and earn a $5250 living allowance. All program elements including events, mentoring, and reflection are incorporated into TSF for all participants.
The following positions are open only to students enrolled at the Tufts University School of Medicine. The 2023 application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, January 30, 2023.
- Asian Community Development Center
- Boston Healthcare for the Homeless
- Cambridge Health Alliance (Sharewood Fellow)
- The Fenway Institute
- Friendship Works
- Greater Lawrence Family Health Center
- Make-A-Wish (Maine)
- Preble Street (Maine)
- Southern Jamaica Plain Health Center
- Through These Doors (Maine)
- Complete the application form. The direct link is found in each position description above. Simply log in with your Tufts credentials, select the position(s) to which you plan to apply, and follow the application instructions
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- All applications are reviewed after the application deadline
- Each applicant to the Tisch Summer Fellows program may submit applications for up to three (3) unique positions
- Not all applications will receive an interview. Interviews will take place with selection committee members into March 2023
A complete application includes:
- Application form submitted via Tufts Civic Impact
- A current, professional resume
- Unique cover letter, tailored for each individual position
- Recommendation form – applicants are responsible for sharing the link with a recommender; the link and more details are found in the application